The guided tour takes visitors through the streets of Bellville, travelling on foot and in public transport, stopping at well-known landmarks and hidden gems along the way. Visits to home kitchens are central to the experience. You’ll be immersed in the city’s history through the traditional and indigenous foods of Bellville. The route offers a chance to indulge in at least five different African cuisines, accompanied by insightful commentary on Bellville’s history and culinary culture. It’s a journey through Africa’s gastronomic culture.
The tour takes around 2.5 to 3 hours, starting at 10.00 am.
- Iconic Salomie
- Traditional Ethiopian food
- Indigenous Ethiopian coffee with popcorn
- African authentic dance and face painting
BEST SUITED FOR:
- Foodies who appreciate iconic local foods
- Travelers interested in Bellville’s social history
- Those who love food-related walking tours
- All food and non-alcoholic drinks
- English speaking guide
- Mineral water
- Discretionary tips
WHAT YOU’LL GET FOR JUST R180 PER PERSON:
- A food voucher to return to one of the restaurants for a full complimentary meal
- Merch to guide you through Bellville Fresh groceries to fill your gift bag
- A taxi trip through the ‘burbs
- A range of “padkos” for your way home
The community of food entrepreneurs active in the cuisine of Bellville represent a cosmopolitan mix from across Africa, represented in a rising number of ethnic restaurants and food outlets. Don’t miss this tour.