he GTP has a vision for Bellville as a zero-waste community. With landfill sites reaching capacity, it’s time for everyone to rethink how they discard their waste, the importance of recycling, and how to reduce the waste they create in the first place. Ecobricks are an effective solution to reduce the amount of non-recyclable waste sent to landfill every year. That’s why we’ve partnered with waste education consultancy Waste-ED in a new challenge to everyone in Bellville and beyond, to find new uses for Ecobricks.
Announcing Bellville’s first Ecobrick Design Challenge, part of our campaign to achieve #BellvilleZero.
Tell us your best design idea for using Ecobricks. Check the criteria and guidelines below, and then enter your idea using the form below. The challenge is open to anyone who wants to reduce the amount of waste they send to landfill every week. You’ll have a chance to win great prizes — and to see your Ecobrick design idea become a reality.
Guidelines to Enter:
The following criteria will be considered:
Terms and Conditions
1. GTP and Waste-ED reserve the right to refuse entries that are not eligible or do not comply with applicable entry criteria, or that might put in question the reputation of the competition.
2. Designers or design teams may enter.
3. The names of the main applicant involved in the design must be disclosed.
4. If the design has been patented or registered as a design, a copy of the first page of all registration certificates must be submitted with the entry.
5. The entry form must be completed in full and all the compulsory documents must be submitted before the closing date.
6. Entries that do not comply with these requirements will be disqualified.
7. GTP and Waste-ED will not be held accountable for product performance or design originality.
8. The panel of adjudicators and the administrators of the competition undertakes to handle all entries in the strictest confidence and not to disclose any information on entries to any other party. However, in the event of winning, the design may be made available to the media for public dissemination.
9. Although every reasonable precaution will be taken to ensure the safekeeping of designs submitted, GTP and Waste-ED cannot be liable for loss of or damage to any entry material.
10. The decision of the adjudicators is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. By entering this competition the entrant is agreeing to all above-mentioned conditions of entry.